This service is for the disposal of larger items of household waste that either does not fit in your bin or cannot be taken to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
Bookings for bulky waste collections cost £20 for up to six items – such as a sofa, bed, mattress, wardrobe, chair and table.
Whilst it is regrettable we can no longer offer a free bulky waste collection service, we believe a charge of £20 is good value for a bookable waste collection service, and much cheaper than many other councils.
Residents receiving Council Tax Support are entitled to one free collection per financial year – have your council tax reference number ready if you’d like to claim your free collection.
Electrical items continue to be charged at £10 for the first item and £7.50 for additional items.
There are many charities and organisations that may be interested in second-hand furniture and appliances if they are in good condition, please consider these alternatives to give unwanted items a new home.
Book a Bulky Waste Collection
Completing this service should take around 5 minutes.Book a Bulky Waste Collection
Cancelling a Collection
If you need to cancel your bulky waste collection, please follow the instructions in the confirmation email that you would have been sent when requesting the collection.
We cannot collect the following items:
These items are hazardous and it is not safe for the collection teams if you dispose of them in this way
There are legal requirements on how to dispose of these items
You can take some of these items to your local tip at Redfield Road, Lenton
These items damage our machinery
This service is for large items of household waste that either do not fit in the bin (e.g. furniture) or cannot be put out for your normal bin collection (e.g. a television)
If the waste was made by a business, it must not be disposed of through this service
Smaller items of household waste, recycling and garden waste can be disposed of in your usual bin collections
Garden waste can be taken to your local Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Free alternative disposal options
Please consider these alternatives to give unwanted items a new home as there are many charities and organisations that may be interested in second-hand furniture and appliances if they are in good condition:
- British Heart Foundation can collect furniture and electrical items by filling in a web form on their website (look for "Book a free Collection")
- Freecycle is an online swap shop! Give your old furniture a second lease of life, as well as finding that item you have been looking everywhere for, for free!
- Haven Housing Trust is a Nottingham charity that can accept donations of good, clean furniture and household goods and arrange a free collection. Tel: 0115 9856546
- Redfield Road Household Waste and Recycling Centre is a special facility in Nottingham where you can take your separated recycling, garden waste and household waste
- Why not donate your items through the Furniture Project Nottinghamshire, who will pick them up for free and give them to people and families in times of need. They accept most household items such as furniture, textiles, electrical items and kitchen appliances providing they are in a re-usable condition.
Tel: 0115 915 5555Is there anything wrong with this page?