Asbestos is dangerous to human health and must be disposed of safely. It is not accepted at our recycling centre.
If you have employed a contractor/tradesperson to dismantle a structure containing asbestos, it is their responsibility to remove this material from your property and dispose of it safely.
For further advice and information on asbestos visit the Health and Safety Executive website.
We provide a non-advice asbestos disposal service. We are unable to assist with any other asbestos related enquiries such as testing, surveys, inspections or removal.
All asbestos must be double wrapped in strong polythene (1000 gauge) and sealed with strong broad tape (for example duct tape). All loose edges and corners must be secure.
If you are a resident and have a small amount of material containing asbestos yourself from your own home you can book an appointment to dispose of it at a dedicated site, providing you meet certain criteria.
To use this service, you must:
- be a Nottingham City resident
- have dismantled and removed the asbestos yourself from your own home, garage or shed (Nottingham address)
- use a car or small van up to 2.5t GVW to visit the site to dispose of the asbestos in one load (we will only accept the equivalent of one car boot load more than this and you will need to dispose of your waste privately)
- be able to place the asbestos into the skips provided yourself as no assistance will be available.
You cannot use this service if:
- you have already used the service before to dispose of asbestos from your property
- the asbestos has not come from your property or has been fly-tipped on your land
- the asbestos originates from other outbuildings, farm buildings or forms part of conversion works
- you are a business or trader
- you are a landlord and the asbestos has come from a rental property
- a trader has dismantled the structure and left you with the asbestos
Booking a slot to dispose of your asbestos
To book a slot to dispose of your asbestos ring 0115 9152000, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding public holidays, with the following information:
- name (title, forename, surname)
- address (full address including postcode)
- vehicle details (registration, make, model, colour)
- contact number (landline or mobile)
- the type of materials and estimate of how much you are disposing of, bearing in mind the limit.
- one or more preferred dates for your booking, We are only able to accept bookings for a Saturday morning
Once we receive your request we will allocate you a time and date to take your asbestos waste to site. You will receive details of this in a confirmation email, along with further instructions and site address.
You must visit at the allocated time, otherwise you will not be allowed entry.