Have a comment or complaint?
You can make a comment or complaint anonymously, but by not providing contact details, the service will be unable to provide you with a response.
We cannot investigate the following areas under our complaints procedure because they are covered by another process.
- Appeals against refusal of planning permission or against conditions placed on a grant of planning permission
- Challenging a benefit or council tax decision
- Social care services (children and adults)
- A school admission or exclusion
- A complaint about a school
Penalty charges and permits
- The refusal of disabled badges for parking exemption
- A penalty charge notice by the parking enforcement teams
- Resident Permits or mobile workshop permits
- A penalty charge notice for Bus Lane breach
- A fixed penalty for environmental crimes (including dog-fouling)
- Any appeal against the exercise of a police power
- A complaint about Anti-Social Behaviour
- A complaint about Nottingham City Homes
- A complaint about the independent Rent Officer
- A complaint issue that has already been investigated and responded to by a Councillor
- A complaint about a Councillor
- A complaint from a City Council employee about an employment matter
Guide to our complaints procedure
There are two stages to the Nottingham City Council Complaints Procedure.
The complaint investigation
- A complaint should be made as soon as possible and at the most within a year of the event taking place.
- We aim to respond to complaints within 10 working days, however sometimes complaints can take longer to investigate.
- We will not be able to investigate a complaint about an issue that took place longer than 12 months ago.
A complaint review
- A Review investigated usually is completed within 25 working days of the review request being acknowledged, however sometimes a review can take longer to investigate and that deadline may be extended.
If you have completed the council complaints process and still remain dissatisfied you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO) on 0300 061 0614 or by visiting their website www.lgo.org.uk
Have Your Say
Nottingham City Council
Tel: 0115 915 5555Is there anything wrong with this page?