Nottingham City Councillors
Nottingham City Council is a democratic organisation, with 55 Councillors representing electors in the 20 electoral wards in the City of Nottingham. There is a local election every four years when all 55 seats are contested.
Find my Councillor
Enter your postcode below to find your Councillor.
- Executive Councillors
- Executive Assistants
- Leader of Opposition Group
- Councillor Allowances and Payments
- Council's Committee Meetings and Membership
Our 55 councillors represent the following parties:
- 50 Labour Group Councillors
- 2 Conservative Group Councillors
- 3 Independent Group Councillors
The Labour Group, with the most number of councillors, currently has control of the council.
Leader and Deputy Leader
- Councillor David Mellen Regeneration, Safety and Communications
- Councillor David Trimble Leisure, Culture and IT
- Councillor Sally Longford Energy, Environment and Democratic Services
- Councillor Sam Webster Finance, Growth and the City Centre
- Councillor Neghat Khan Early Years, Education and Employment
- Councillor Linda Woodings Housing, Planning and Heritage
- Councillor Adele Williams Adult Care and Local Transport
- Councillor Cheryl Barnard Children and Young People
- Councillor Eunice Campbell-Clark Health, HR and Equalities
- Councillor Rebecca Langton Communities
- Councillor Leslie Ayoola Regeneration and Safe Nottingham
- Councillor Merlita Byran Schools and Nottingham Customer Care
- Councillor Chantal Lee Housing and Child-Friendly Nottingham
- Councillor Angela Kandola Energy and Nottingham Welcome
- Councillor Zafran Khan IT and Green Nottingham
Leader of Opposition Group
Councillors Allowances under the Members Allowances Scheme can be viewed under Part 7 of Nottingham City Council's Constitution.
Under The Local Authorities (Councillor allowances) (England) regulations 2001, Local Authorities are required to publish details of payments made to Councillors. This includes the basic allowance that all councillors receive, any Special Responsibility Allowances they receive for special roles such as Committee Chairmanships, Portfolio Holder roles and political group leadership, as well as any expenses paid for travel, subsistence and carers.
Information about the Council's meetings and committees, including agendas and minutes.
Membership of all Nottingham City Council committees, boards, panels and joint bodies can be found in Part 2 of the City Council's Constitution. Please click here to view the Constitution.