School Transport Bus Pass
Nottingham City Council encourages all children to walk from home to school for exercise and health, if this is not possible then the journey to school should have careful consideration for both parent and pupil when choosing a school.
If Walking Is not an Option
- The Council would prefer pupils to use public transport services instead of travelling by car.
- Bus and tram services pass nearby to every school in the City of Nottingham.
- Bus and tram operators offer discounted tickets to children aged under 16 years.
- Support will be offered in the form of a bus pass for travel with the City.
In some cases, the Council may offer help with travel if the school your child is attending is the designated school (the catchment school) or nearest school to your home address. This is dependent on the age of your child and the distance from your home to the school.
School Transport Policy
The following PDF Document contains more information about the 'Home to School Travel Assistance Policy', Click the button belowHome to School Transport Policy To find a school in Nottingham City please see Choosing a School
By law we must calculate the nearest school using the walking distance from your home when making decisions about free travel.
Important Note - The nearest school by walking distance may not be the nearest school ‘as the crow flies’, which is the measurement used when deciding how to fairly allocate places when a school is over-subscribed.
- Under 7 Years - Transport will only be considered if the pupil lives more than 2 miles walking distance from their designated school
- Aged 8 to 11 - Transport will only be considered if the pupil lives more than 3 miles walking distance from their designated school
- Aged 11-16 - Transport will only be considered if the pupil lives more than 3 miles walking distance from their designated school
Support with transport will be provided to eligible pupils who are in receipt of Free School Meals or whose parents are in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit.
- Aged 8 to 11 - If their designated school is over 2 miles walking distance from their home address
- Aged 11 to 16 - Transport is provided for any of the 3 nearest available secondary schools to their home address if these schools are more than two miles walking distance and less than six miles driving distance away from home
For more information and eligibility for Free School Meals, visit our Free School Meals Page
Attending Faith Schools
- Aged 11 to 16 attending faith schools – Transport is provided if they travel between 2 and 15 miles to their nearest available school
- If you chose the school on the grounds of religion, belief
Apply for Home to School Bus Pass
Completing this service should take around 10 minutes.Apply for Home to School Bus Pass
Passenger Transport Operations
Building 5 Woolsthorpe Depot
email@example.comIs there anything wrong with this page?