Book a Bulky Waste Collection
Completing this form should take around 5 minutes.Book a Bulky Waste Collection
If you need to cancel your bulky waste collection you can do so by following the instructions in the confirmation email that you have been sent when you booked your collection. Please note that in order to receive a full refund you will need to cancel your booking within 2 working days of your collection.
We cannot collect the following items:
These items are hazardous and it is not safe for the collection teams if you dispose of them in this way
There are legal requirements on how to dispose of these items
You can take some of these items to your local tip at Redfield Road, Lenton
These items damage our machinery
This service is for large items of household waste that either do not fit in the bin (e.g. furniture) or cannot be put out for your normal bin collection (e.g. a television)
If the waste was made by a business, it must not be disposed of through this service
Smaller items of household waste, recycling and garden waste can be disposed of in your usual bin collections
Garden waste can be taken to your local Household Waste and Recycling Centre
- Please ensure items are safely and neatly presented at the edge of the property (where your bins would normally be collected) before 7 am on the day of your booking and any items that you do not want collecting are kept separate
- If the front of your property is not close to the road, please let us know and we will collect from the back of your property
- Items should not be put out before 7 pm on the night before your collection. When doing so please ensure these do not obstruct pedestrians
- The collection crew will only take the items listed when the booking was made
- Please consider that your items will be removed by two people so they must be small enough for them to carry together and no more than 6 foot in length, to fit into the vehicle
We can only collect your items if the following criteria have been met, otherwise, some or all of your items may not be collected:
- Any gates are left unlocked and our collection crew have access
- Only items listed when booking a collection will be collected
- Your items must be outside
- Soft furnishings that can soak up water must be covered and kept dry
- Glass and mirrors (including door panels) must be covered with cardboard and masking tape
- Microwaves should have the glass plates removed
- Fridges and freezers should have food removed and be defrosted
- If you are bagging waste please ensure you only use large, thick, bin liners to prevent them from ripping
- wood and laminate flooring are in pieces no more than 6ft long. They should be tied in bundles and have any sharp items (i.e. nails) removed
Waste collection teams will visit each ward on a specific day each week. We collect white goods separately to other items, so different teams may collect your items at different times.
If you need to cancel your bulky waste collection, please follow the instructions in the confirmation email that you would have been sent when requesting the collection.
Please consider these alternatives to give unwanted items a new home as there are many charities and organisations that may be interested in second-hand furniture and appliances if they are in good condition:
- British Heart Foundation can collect furniture and electrical items by filling in a web form on their website (look for "Book a free Collection")
- Freecycle is an online swap shop! Give your old furniture a second lease of life, as well as finding that item you have been looking everywhere for, for free!
- Haven Housing Trust is a Nottingham charity that can accept donations of good, clean furniture and household goods and arrange a free collection. Tel: 0115 9856546
- Redfield Road Household Waste and Recycling Centre is a special facility in Nottingham where you can take your separated recycling, garden waste and household waste
- Why not donate your items through the Furniture Project Nottinghamshire, who will pick them up for free and give them to people and families in times of need. They accept most household items such as furniture, textiles, electrical items and kitchen appliances providing they are in a re-usable condition.
Tel: 0115 915 5555Is there anything wrong with this page?