Find out more about the rubbish and recycling collections we offer and how to organize your rubbish.
We now have a grey lidded brown bin for the collection of plastic, paper, tins and cardboard. We will collect the recycling and composting one week and the remainder of your waste (in the green bin) the following week.
- Catalogues and brochures
- Food and drink cans
- Plastic bottles
- Newspapers and magazines
- Cardboard (please break down cardboard into a manageable size and where possible place in your bin)
- Large tins
- Plastic tubs, pots and trays
- Telephone directories
- Glass bottle and Jars
- Bagged waste
- Foil lined juice and milk cartons
- Paper Tissue
- Sticky labels
- Plastic carrier bags
- Cling film
- Light bulbs
- Window panes
The brown bin with a brown lid is used to collect garden waste. If you do not have a brown bin and you would like one, please request a new one here.
Garden waste collections take place every two weeks on the same day as your recycling collection.
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge clippings
- Twigs and small branches- Max 10 cm in Diameter
- Leaves and weeds
- Dead flowers
- Small amounts of potting compost (not bags)
- Bagged garden waste
- Any waste that is accepted in your grey bin or brown bin with the grey lid
- Plant Pots
- Plastic bags
- Large amounts of soil or grass sods
- Animal waste
- Treated wood
- Bricks and rubble
- Organic food waste (including windfall fruit)
- You shouldn't put your bin out any earlier than 4 pm the day before your collection day or leave them out later than 8 am the day after
- Please remember you can be fined £100 for leaving your bin out for more than eight hours before or after collection day
- Please remember to have your bin out for collection by 7 am and be aware that severe weather may affect our collections
- Wheeled bins can be used as a tool for burglary or fire (Bringing your bin back in promptly will help to prevent this)
- Please make sure your bin is presented safely and it doesn't cause an obstruction
- Please place the bin by the kerbside of your property, or at the agreed point
- If we miss your collection, you can 'report a missed bin collection' Once a bin has been reported as being missed off the collection, our target is to empty it within five working days
- Garden waste collections will be on the same day as your recycling bin but at a different time
- If you miss the collection day and fail to put the bins out, you must make arrangements for the waste to be collected and dispose of
- If you are a landlord of a licensed rented property and your tenant fails to follow this guidance or the property is unoccupied, then the landlord, the licence holder must adhere to this guidance themselves
- The licence holder or landlords of a rented property must ensure that trade rubbish and waste is not disposed of in the domestic household bins
We aim to sweep your road the next business day after your recycling collection (except if this falls on a bank holiday).
Please be aware that our work may be disrupted if you live on a busy street or if we have operational difficulties.
Tel: 0115 915 2000Is there anything wrong with this page?