Facebook Pixel
Commissioners appointed |

The Government has announced that Commissioners are to be appointed for Nottingham City Council.  For further information, the council’s response and FAQs can be read here.


You require a licence if you operate any of the following businesses:

  • Pet shop
  • Animal boarding establishment (commercial boarding kennels, catteries, home dog boarding, dog day care)
  • Dog breeding establishment
  • Riding establishment
  • Keeper and trainer of performing animals


You can find out more about the Animal Welfare Licensing of Activities by clicking below.


The fees are variable depending on the duration of the licence. Click below to open our Fees page

Further Information

Application forms

Performing animal licence

Completing this service should take around 20 minutes.

To complete this service you will need.

  • There's a £78.00 fee.
  • You'll need a debit or credit card.

It is an offence to train or exhibit a performing animal unless they are registered with the local authority.

The use of animals in circuses, cabarets and performances, as well as displays in zoos and special events are required to be registered with the local authority.

Application to register for the exhibition or training of performing animals

Contact Us

Commercial and Operations Licensing
Central Police Station
Byron House
Maid Marian Way


Tel: 01159156571

Is there anything wrong with this page?