Draft Eastside Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) consultation
Nottingham City Council is consulting on the Draft Eastside Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2012. The consultation period has been extended and will now close on Friday 29 October 2021 (5pm). To make comments please use the response form.
You are advised to view further details on this page before making representations.
The SPD sets out a vision and development framework (in line with Local Plan policies) for the future development of the Eastside area. It aims to promote a balance of development across the area and in particular, it seeks to promote the following principles:
- An appropriate balance in the type of housing in the Eastside Area;
- A good balance in the type of development in the Eastside Area to support the local area, adjacent communities and Creative Quarter objectives;
- Ensuring that all new development achieves a high standard of environmental sustainability;
- Improvements to the environment of the Eastside Area, and adjacent areas, including open space and public realm enhancements and the protection and enhancement of heritage assets;
- Ensuring safer connections into the Area, to surrounding communities and within the Eastside Area;
- Development in line with the 20-minute neighbourhood principles, where people can meet their everyday needs within a short walk or cycle.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) provide further detail and explanation to support policies in the Nottingham City Local Plan (2020). SPDs are a material consideration in making decisions on planning applications.
View the Eastside SPD 'Story Map' presentation.
The consultation has been extended and will now run from Wednesday 14 July to Friday 29 October (5pm) 2021. Comments can be made using the response form.
There will be a Virtual Public Meeting via Zoom to discuss the proposals in the Draft Eastside Supplementary Planning Document.
This Meeting will be held on Monday 18th October 2021 between 6-8pm.
If you would like to attend this on-line meeting, please register for a place at: www.co-place.org/events
Your joining instructions for the meeting will be sent to you after you have registered.
The Council will review all comments received and consider whether changes to the draft SPD are required. Please note that representations cannot be kept confidential and will be available for public scrutiny. However, representations that are available for public scrutiny will exclude your personal contact details. For more information about how we process your data please view our Privacy Notice at www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/localplan.
The Council will consider all the consultation comments at a future Executive Board meeting before adopting the SPD. Once adopted, the SPD will be used to guide and determine any future planning applications in the Eastside. The final SPD will be made available on the Council’s website along with a Report of Consultation, and an Adoption Statement.
If you would like any further information on the SPD please contact the Planning Policy Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org