Working with Other Agencies & Useful Information
Practitioners may find the website links below useful for their settings and for signposting parents.
- Balanced System Pathway a speech, language and communication pathway is now available to all parents and professionals working with children and young people across the UK. The pathway navigates provisions available for parents, carers and professionals to help children and young people develop their SLC skills as well as providing more tailored resources for those with identified SLC needs.
- Finding your Way is an informative directory of services and useful contacts, including Health, Education and Social Care and Support Services.
- Ask Iris is a magazine for parents of children and young people with Special Educational needs, including a pull out of activities and groups.
- Autism East Midlands is an umbrella body for the disabled children's sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers.
- Council for Disabled Children is a really useful organisation helping practitioners put policy into good practice.
- Charities and Grants Information this is a list of organisations who can support parents with completing their DLA claim and offer financial support and advice to families with children who have SEND.
When reviewing the development of a child with SEND, the SENCO or key worker, in consultation with parents, should consider:
- Has progress been made?
- What are the parents' views?
- Is there a need for more information or advice about the child?
This may result in a request for help from Sam Caig and Mel Foulston, EYFS SEND Support Workers in the Early Years Team, who can support settings by doing observations or a Solution circle, or from external services.
When Individual Provision Map and strategies are not really working, or the child is not making progress, further support from other specialist services may need to be considered. To do this a MARF form will need to be completed, or by using the specialist services referral form for the various services listed here.