For more information and current opportunities visit Nottingham City Opportunities
Each fitness area is free to use and suitable for all ages and abilities. The equipment has a mixture of cardiovascular (works your heart and lungs) and toning stations which use your body weight as the resistance to your workout, meaning you can either be gentle or push yourself that little harder.
Outdoor fitness areas can be found at the following locations:
- Barton Green, Clifton
- Birchover Park, Bilborough
- Bulwell Forest, Bulwell
- Bulwell Hall Park, Bulwell, NG6 9UP
- Chediston Vale Park, Basford
- Clifton Central Park, Clifton, NG11 8JU
- Forest Recreation Ground, NG1 6HH
- Gawthorne Street, NG7
- Greenway Park (Tricket’s Yard), Sneinton
- Heathfield Park, NG5 1HR
- Independent Street Park, Radford
- King Edward Park, Sneinton
- King George V Playing Fields, Aspley
- Lenton Abbey Park, NG9 2SD
- Lenton Recreation Ground, Lenton, NG9 2SD
- Peggy’s Park, Edwards Lane
- Queen’s Walk Recreation Ground, NG2 2DF
- Radford Recreation Ground, Radford
- Robin Hood Chase, Sneinton
- Ruddington Lane Park, Clifton
- Shipstone Street, NG7
- Silverdale Play Area, Clifton
- Silverdale, NG11
- Southglade Park, Bestwood, NG5 5GU
- Stockhill Park, Basford, NG5 1DZ
- Strelley Recreation Ground, NG8 6NA
- Sutton Passey Crescent play area, Wollaton Park
- Valley Road Recreation Ground, NG5 1
- Vernon Park, Basford, NG6
- Victoria Embankment, NG2 2JY
- Woodthorpe Park, Sherwood, NG5 4HA
- Whitemoor Park, Basford
If you would like to use one of our other parks to run your own fitness sessions, please contact the Parks and Open Spaces team for further information.
Please note, you will need permission to use a park for this activity, otherwise, your insurance might be invalid.
A Walk in the Park is a programme of free short walks in local parks and open spaces in the City. Self-guided walks are available to use that can be completed at your own pace and at a time that suits you offering you the opportunity to improve both physical and mental wellbeing in a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
Please click this link to visit our Walk in the Park page.
Nottingham City Council has partnered with Best Foot Forward to provide a series of short walks in the Nottingham City area. These guided health walks are completely free and offer you a fantastic chance to enhance your health, forge new friendships, enjoy yourself, and become familiar with your local surroundings. The walks are open to everyone, and all are welcome to participate.
For more information and a list of the walks available in Nottingham, please visit Nottingham Guided Walks Website
Walk Locations include:
- Woodthorpe Grange Park Walks
- Nuthall Railway Walks
- Old Basford Walks
- Victoria Embankment Walks
- Bestwood Walks
- City Parks Walks
- Wollaton Park Walks
- Strelley Woodland and Countryside Walks
Wollaton Hall walk is a two-hour circular walk from Wollaton Hall to Martin's Pond which allows you to appreciate one of the Country's finest Grade One listed Elizabethan mansions, a brilliant Local Nature Reserve and all the neighbouring wildlife!
- Download our PDF for the Wollaton Park and Martins Pond Walk leaflet.
Our parks are home to a variety of different trees. Some are native to the United Kingdom and are quite common, but there are also some non-native, rare species. These trails take you on a walk around the sites and explore some of the significant trees which have been planted over time.
Click below to download the relevant PDF Leaflet
Orienteering requires navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point. Participants use a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points. We have created several maps to help you combine map reading skills and physical exercise whilst being able to enjoy the natural surroundings of a park.
Click below to download the relevant PDF Leaflet
Nottingham City Council currently has four permanent outdoor table tennis tables located at
- Bulwell Hall Park, Squires Avenue, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 9UP
- Forest Recreation Ground, Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, NG1 6HH - More information visit the Forest Recreation Ground Facebook Page
- Lenton Abbey Park. Derby Road, Lenton, Nottingham NG9 2SD
- Woodthorpe Grange Park - Woodthorpe Drive NG5 4HA
The tables are free to use, simply turn up and play - just bring along your bat and balls and start playing! For more information on where to play table tennis please visit the Table Tennis England website
(Seasonally May to September)
- Bulwell Bogs Splash Park - Main Street, Bulwell, NG6 8QL
- Victoria Embankment Paddling Pool - Embankment Road, Nottingham NG2 2JY
The Victoria Embankment Paddling pool will remain closed until further notice.
Whether you are interested in taking part as a keen club runner or simply to improve your health and fitness, then parkrun is for you
Parkrun is a free 5km timed run, jog or walk that takes place every Saturday morning at 9 am. See below for places that do parkrun
Colwick Country Park - Mile End Road, NG4 2DT -
- Visit: Colwick Parkrun WebPage
- Visit: Colwick Country Park Website
- Visit: Colwick Country Park Facebook Page
Forest Recreation Ground, Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, NG1 6HH -
For more information on parkrun and how to register, please visit: Parkrun Website
For your nearest Parkrun:
- Wollaton Hall parkrun
- Bestwood Village parkrun
- Beeston parkrun
- Clifton parkrun
- Rushcliffe parkrun
- Long Eaton parkrun
Further Information and Links
- Click to download our Play Facilities - Outdoor Play Facilities
- Click below to download our outdoor prices - Outdoor Prices
If you see problems with play equipment
- Click here to Report a Problem with Play Area Equipment