Once completed the redevelopment of the whole Broadmarsh area will drastically improve the city centre along with the new Broadmarsh Car Park and Bus Station, Central Library, Nottingham Castle visitor experience and Nottingham College City Hub and a reimagined public realm.
- An open, vibrant, welcoming space in the city for anyone arriving by bus, tram, train, car, bike or on foot.
- A new public space between the New College, Nottingham Central Library and Nottingham Castle, with spaces for outdoor seating, food and drink and areas for children to play.
- Areas will include a bright, tree-lined space with high quality paving with landscaping, public art, and outdoor cafés, transforming them into safe and attractive spaces for people to enjoy.
- Views to the Castle will be preserved, with space for art boxes and words in the paving, celebrating both the new Central Library and Nottingham’s status as a UNESCO City of Literature, included as part of the design.
The Middle Hill and Sussex Street Area
The area between Middle Hill and the new Nottingham College City Hub, which was inaccessible and unwelcoming for some time is now transformed into a brighter, amphitheatre style space, with steps from Middle Hill to Sussex Street and an environment where people can relax and play, with new spaces for activity and exercise for young people, including skateboarding and other spaces for sport. These public spaces will be capable of hosting major events in the day and night, helping to further boost the city’s reputation for hosting top-class entertainment and activities.Broadmarsh News
To find out the latest redevelopment in the Broadmarsh Area see below:
- Nottingham Castle
- Nottingham College Hub
- Nottingham Central Library
- Broadmarsh Bus Station and Car Park
- Explore South Side Redevelopments
For more information on the Broadmarsh area