The NPRAS Scheme assists City residents who are homeless to find good quality private rented accommodation.
How NPRAS can help landlords and tenants
NPRAS can aid both tenants and landlords reach a medium, by providing support and advice:
- Bespoke matching service for landlord and tenant
- Interview tenants to identify problems and solutions
- Complete background checks including right to rent checks
- Ensure tenants provide all the documents needed
- Assess tenants income and expenditure to ensure affordability
- Complete sign-up service including documents (tenancy agreement, How to Rent Booklet)
- Complete full inventory and inspections at the beginning of the tenancy
- Provide a written bond or cash deposit at the outset of the tenancy
- Practical assistance and support with any issues that may arise within the tenancy such as rent arrears or disrepair
- Arrange for viewings and meetings with the landlord
- In cases where an applicant receives Universal Credit, we can make arrangements for the rental element to be paid to the landlord at the beginning of the tenancy.
All the above are provided free of charge to landlords and tenants. In addition, our new Social Lettings Service offers full property management for the low monthly fee of £35.00 per month incl. VAT if you let your property via NPRAS.
This offer is inclusive of:
- Rent collection
- Arranging repairs
- 6 monthly inspections
- Gas Safety and Electrical Safety Checks
- Any additional checks, visits and repairs
Useful tools to access:
For more information visit www.npras.co.uk
Contact us at NPRAS@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or via telephone 0115 876 1644Join NPRAS