Changing Schools or New to the City
If you have moved address, just arrived in Nottingham, or want your child to change schools, you can use this page to apply online. However, some schools require you to make an application directly to the school and not to Nottingham City Council. Details of which schools you must apply directly to is detailed below.
- We aim to process applications within 15 school days of receiving an application. Please do not contact us for a decision on your application until 15 school days have passed.
- If you wish to apply to a school not located within Nottingham City, you must contact the relevant Local Authority directly to ask for an application form.
Finding a School
If you have moved to a new area, you can find out more about catchment schools and other local schools on our interactive map.
Apply for a new school place
Completing this service should take around 10 minutes.Apply for a new School Place
For information on schools, the application process, including how decisions are made, along with things you should consider prior to making your application,
- Please click here for more guidance. Admissions Arrangements for Nottingham City Schools
School Admissions Team
We will operate weekly admission rounds, with a cut-off point of 12 noon on Fridays.
Any application received after 12 noon will be included in the following week’s admission round.
Supplementary Forms for Nottingham City Church Schools
Some schools have a supplementary form that should be completed, as well as the common application form. These forms can be submitted by clicking on the button below.
For the schools listed below, different arrangements may apply, and parents are advised to speak directly to the school/academy concerned.
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
- Bluecoat Primary Academy
- Bluecoat Trent Academy
- Bluecoat Wollaton Academy
- The Bulwell Academy
- Ellis Guilford School
- Farnborough Academy
- Fernwood School
- Firbeck Primary Academy
- Djanogly City Academy
- Nottingham Academy (Primary & Secondary)
- Nottingham Emmanuel School
- Nottingham Free School
- Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology
- Oakwood Academy
- Trinity Catholic School
For any school listed above, you must contact the school or academy directly to make an application.
Please note that if you wish to apply for a nursery or post-16 school place, you should apply directly to the school concerned.
- For advice on nursery provision, you can contact the Families Information Service
- For advice on the post-16 provision, contact Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Futures.
Your child must continue to attend their present school until they are admitted to another school (unless they can no longer get there due to a change of area). If they do not, a referral may be made to the Education Welfare Service.
Pupils arriving from overseas
In most cases, children arriving from overseas have the right to attend schools in England. It is the responsibility of parents to check that their children have a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a school. Overseas nationals entering the UK who wish to apply for a state-funded school to check that they have a right of abode or the conditions of their visas otherwise permit them to access a state-funded school.