CAMHS provides support for children and young people across Nottingham City.
We work with children and young people from the age of 0-18 years, their families and carers and professionals working with you. The young people we work with may be experiencing emotional and mental health problems. We will support you in a base near you, or wherever you feel comfortable, such as; schools, health centres, community and youth centres, GP surgeries.
What we offer
Professionals in CAMHS work together with children, young people and their families, giving you the choice of a range of support. Following a referral to CAMHS, you may be offered:
- Time to explore your needs (we call this a choice assessment)
- Support to access the best service for you
- One off sessions in secondary schools (we call this Time4Me)
- Guidance for people who work with you (we call this a consultation)
- Therapeutic work, this could be one to one or group (we call this a CAMHS partnership)
Talk to CAMHS if you are experiencing one or more of the following:
- feeling down or sad
- not interested in or enjoying things you used to do
- worried, anxious or feeling panicky
- struggling to sleep
- feeling overwhelmed
- problems with your appetite/problems with your eating
- relationship difficulties
- feeling bad about yourself
- thoughts of harming yourself or that life isn’t worth living
- hearing or seeing things that others can’t
- affected by a traumatic event or anything else that is affecting your emotional wellbeing.
Watch a video about an introduction to CAMHS
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Tel: 01158764000Is there anything wrong with this page?