Note - The last garden waste collection will take place on Friday 24th of November
The brown bin with a brown lid is used to collect garden waste. If you do not have a brown bin and would like one or need a new one, please visit our request a bin page.
Garden waste collections take place every two weeks on the same day as your recycling collection.
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge clippings
- Twigs and small branches - Max 10 cm in Diameter
- Leaves and weeds
- Dead flowers
- Small amounts of potting compost (not bags)
- Bagged garden waste
- Any waste that is accepted in your grey bin or brown bin with the grey lid
- Plant Pots
- Plastic bags
- Large amounts of soil or grass sods
- Animal waste
- Treated wood
- Bricks and rubble
- Organic food waste (including windfall fruit)
- Click here to Report a Missed Bin Collection - Nottingham City Council
- Click here to find more on Check Local Recycling Centre - Nottingham City Council
- Click here to find more on Garden Waste Collections - Nottingham City Council
Garden Bin Scheme
If you have/need two or more garden bins, you must subscribe to our additional garden bin scheme.
- Each additional bin collection is charged at £25 per year.
- You can also buy additional garden bins, these are charged at £20 each.
How to sign up to the Garden Waste Scheme
Visit our Garden Waste Scheme
Have you thought about Recycling waste as Compost
Click here to find out more about Composting At Home