Book a Building Control Inspection
To book an inspection please have your unique Building Control application number ready. This is stated in your acknowledgement letter and informs us about your project.
We can only guarantee a next day inspection if your booking is received before 4.30pm the day before.
Unfortunately, we do not accept same day inspections at present.
Book a building control inspection online
Completing this form should take around 15 minutes.Book a building control inspection online
You can request site inspections through your mobile device even while out on site, as well as your pc or tablet.
We have developed a free of charge site inspection request app that offers you a convenient way to contact us and request your site inspection as an alternative to the ‘book a building control inspection online’ above.
Click the links below to download the free app:
Alteration and installations
- We need to inspect your work before you cover up any elements or fittings and all work when completed
Substantial building work
You, or your builder, must tell us at the start, at the end and various stages of the build.
This may include:
- Excavation of foundations before concreting
- Laying reinforcement before concreting (in a foundation, ground beams or a slab)
- Building over the damp-proof course
- Ground floor slab base (oversite) before concreting
- Laying drains and new drainage connections before covering over (backfilling)
- Drains test after backfilling
- Installation of structural members (floor joists, roof structure, steel beams, etc.)
- Thermal insulation before covering with plasterboard
- If the new area has been occupied (if before completion)
You must let us know the day before to guarantee inspection of the ‘ready to inspect’ stage, and on completion of the work.
If you have already started work, but have not told us about it!
We can sometimes approve work that started in the past, but there is a charge.