From knowing your consumer rights, doorstep crime, to what the law says we provide a range of information and guidance.
Citizens Advice Consumer Service handle initial telephone enquiries about consumer rights issues such as faulty goods or services on behalf of Nottingham City Council Trading Standards, their trained advisors will offer the appropriate advice and guidance for resolving consumer matters. Contact them on 0808 223 1133 or

Citizens Advice Consumer Service works with Trading Standards. If you report a potential criminal offence, Citizens Advice Consumer Service will pass the details to Nottingham City Council Trading Standards Team for investigation. In some cases, Citizens Advice Consumer Service may pass a civil complaint to Trading Standards for further help.

Consumer Factsheets from Trading Standards
If you have a problem with goods or services, Trading Standards can help.

Useful websites on consumer issues
These websites offer detailed information and advice on a range of consumer issues.

Renting a Property
Your rights as a tenant and how to report your landlord or letting agent.