Skip to main content

This to holders of Premises Licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003 that have the Sale of Alcohol as a licensable activity attached to the licence.

Pubs, Hotels and Restaurants will be allowed to notify under the Gambling Act 2005, provided the premises have a bar.

Hotels and Restaurants that serve alcohol only with food will not be able to provide gaming machines on the premises.

Premises requiring up to two Gaming Machines

Pubs and other alcohol licensed premises will have an 'automatic entitlement' to two gaming machines on the premises in Category C or D.

This automatic entitlement will last for an unlimited duration as it is linked to the Premises Licence granted under the Licensing Act 2003.

The current fee for a Notification of Automatic Entitlement is £50.00.  

If you require more than two machines on site you will need a Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permit

For further information please contact the licensing office on 0115 876 1762.

Was this page helpful?

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. If you need a response please contact us.