Free Printed Material Distribution (LEAFLETTING)
If you are planning to distribute any of the following a Free Printed Material permit is required.
- Free Newspapers
- Printed Advertisements (not including samples)
There are five areas in the Nottingham City Boundary that require you to be issued with a permit, the maps for these areas are listed below.
- Free Printed Material - City Centre Map
- Free Printed Material - Clifton
- Free Printed Material Area 3 - Radford Road
- Free Printed Material Area 4 - Forest and Mansfield Road
- Free Printed Material Area 5 - Bulwell
If you intend to leaflet outside of the above mentioned areas (streets are detailed on the map) please contact email@example.com to check if authorisation is required.
Please note that you cannot distribute leaflets in the Old Market Square unless you are doing so as part of a promotional booking. If you would like to enquire into hiring a city centre promotional space please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
People caught distributing printed material in one of the five areas without permission will be issued with a fixed penalty fine of £75 or be prosecuted. The local authority reserves the right to take away the material being distributed.
This legislation does not apply and consent under this legislation is not required for the distribution of free printed matter:
- By or on behalf of a charity within the meaning of the Charities Act 1993, where the free printed matter relates to or is intended for the benefit of the charity. Please provide the relevant charity number where applicable.
- Where the distribution is for political purposes or for the purposes of a religion or belief.
- By a person who distributes the free printed matter by delivering it into a building or a letterbox.
If you wish to apply for a Free Printer Material Permit please see the application below, which includes a scale of charges and guidance documents.
Please allow 7 days for issuing the Free Printed Material Permit.
Please note that permits are valid for a 1 year period, this is then subject to a renewal.
Once you have completed the above application please send to email@example.com.
If samples/mobile advertising/stop or approach members of the public with the intention of asking for money consent will need to be applied for by submitting a Public Space Protection Order application form.
Commercial & Operations Licensing Central Police Station Byron House Maid Marian Way Nottingham NG1 6HS
Tel: 0115 915 6571Is there anything wrong with this page?