Facebook Pixel

Club premises certificate

You may need to apply for a club premises certificate through the council if you’re a social, sporting or political members club (like a working men’s club or British Legion).

You need a certificate to:

  • Sell or supply alcohol to members or guests
  • Provide regulated entertainment, like. Live music, performances, sports or film screenings for members or guests

More information can be found at Club premises certificate - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Apply for a club premises certificate

Completing this service should take around 20 minutes.

To complete this service you will need.

  • Applications must be submitted with a plan of the premises and a copy of the club rules.
  • Must also include
    • A club operating schedule
    • Club activities including times
    • Opening and closing times

  • Click on the To Apply Button (Yellow); this will take you to the Nottingham Application Page on Gov
  • Follow the instructions to download, edit and submit the application

Whilst we can offer advice on the process, you may need specific advice on your application, so please contact your legal advisor. 

Fee Guidance 

You’ll be charged a fee based on the property’s rateable value, depending on your venue’s fee band.

Application for a new club premises certificate on GOV

Other Applications

Apply for a change to your certificate

If you would like to make a change to your club premises certificate

Further information on Alcohol and Club Premises Licensing