Often confused with the University Park because of its close proximity to Nottingham University Campus. This 21 hectares park is well endowed with magnificent trees, exotic plantings and water features.
To find out about Park opening times, visit our Park Opening Times Page
- Disability Access
- Dogs Welcome (On leads in designated areas)
- Ice Cream Concession
- Pavilion Café and Gallery Café at Lakeside Arts Centre
- Adventure Golf
- Boating Lake (Seasonal)
- Events - If you would like to run an event in this park, please visit our Outdoor Event Bookings page
- Lakeside Arts Centre
Car Park and Access
- On-site Parking
- Public access - via a network of pedestrian entrances - From QMC (Derby Road/Clifton Boulevard) through University Park, University Boulevad and Woodside Road
- Disabled Parking - parking can be arranged with the Parks and Open Spaces service on 0115 915 2733.
- Public Transport - please visit Nottingham City Transport (nctx.co.uk)
- The NET Trams - Trams run along University Boulevard and stops close to the entrance. For more information on Tram times and prices please visit thetram NET Website
Boats to hire include:
- Rowing boats,
The lake is open during the Easter Holidays and then from May to October, 10am to 7pm daily.
For further information about the boating lake, its opening time and what's happening Please call us or check the Facebook page.
The Pavilion Café and Gallery Café at Lakeside Arts Centre is home to some great activities, entertainment and workshops.
- Café and seating
- Outdoor seating looking across lake
More information about the Lakeside Café and Arts Centre click here Lakeside Arts, Nottingham
Highfields Park is now home to a brand new 18-hole adventure golf course! If you’re looking for a venue to celebrate a special occasion with some family-friendly competition, then pop in for a round or two and challenge the hazards, enjoy the wave movement ripple, and experience the professional golfing surfaces in a relaxed and peaceful environment at Highfields Adventure Golf!
- Foot & Adventure Golf Fun For Families
- 9 Hole Foot or Adventure Golf
- 07395 543431 or Highfieldsgolf@gmail.com
There is also a play area near the Golf course from climbing frames to swings and slide.
Nottingham Croquet Club
The Nottingham Croquet Club first played in Highfields Park in 1929 on lawns between the boating lake and University Boulevard, screened from the road by the rhododendrons. Croquet is a game of skill played on grass with mallets, balls and hoops, on equal terms by women and men of all ages.
The club is the major centre for croquet in the East Midlands, with a membership ranging from this year's beginners to top international players. New members are welcome, with a learn-to-play course starting towards the end of May each year. Please see the Nottingham Croquet Club Website for further information.
Nottingham Model Boat Club
Nottingham Model Boat Club was formed in 1931 and was then known as the Nottingham Model Yacht Club. The Club sails at Highfields every Sunday morning from 9:15 am to 12pm, and at Colwick on Sunday mornings. Often members can also be seen sailing during the week.
For further information please visit the Nottingham Model Boat Club Website which gives details on membership, sailing locations and more.
The Forest Recreation Ground has an active friends group who are involved with bulb and flower plantings, collecting user data, and organising the annual Inclosure Act Walk. If you are interested in becoming a 'friend' of the Forest Recreation Ground please call the Parks and Open Spaces Team