What is a Street Party?
A Street Party is:
- A resident-led, outdoor party
- Involves closing the street where the party is to be held
- Only tables and chairs would be required
- No alcohol is sold, and no regulated entertainment is at the event
- The expected attendance would also be low (residents, close friends and family)
Click below to download documents that contains information and advice on organising a street Party
- The Street Party Application Guidance Word Document
- The Street Party Application Guidance PDF Document
Further advice can also be found by visiting Street party website
What is a Play Street?
A Play Street event is a resident-led, outdoor activity for the purpose of children's play.
The street is temporarily closed to through traffic (except emergency vehicles) and vehicle access is restricted but not stopped as residents take turns to 'marshal' cars needing access to or from their properties.
Further advice can also be found at Playingout Website.
We do not charge for assisting local resident-organised street parties where there is no commercial or business element to the event.
We can advise you through the steps you need to take. As an applicant, you should be aware that you are fully responsible for planning the event, and you will need to:
- Organise consultation with neighbours affected.
- Apply to the council for a formal road closure notice
- Place the correct signs and barriers on the road to make sure your road closure is safe
- Clear away any rubbish and equipment at the end of the party at the time you mentioned.
A Temporary Play Street Order allows a group of residents to close a road on a regular or scheduled basis for supervised children's play without the danger and inconvenience of through-traffic.
As applicant you should be aware that you are fully responsible for planning the Play Streets event
- Tell everyone on your street about the event to get maximum involvement
- We do not charge for processing temporary play street orders.
You must ensure you have all documents and information about the event before Applying.
- Download and Read The Street Party Application Guidance Word Document
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions (found in the application guidance document).
- Please download and complete the Statement of Responsibilities form
The most crucial factor in arranging the street party is that everyone on the proposed road is asked for their opinion. This includes all residents and all businesses. A signed petition must be produced to the council when requesting a road closure showing that the majority of people in the street support the closure
- Please download and speak to your neighbours
- Make sure you have the Consent form filled in before applying
Apply for Street Party or Play Street Temporary Road Closure (TSO)
Completing this service should take around 10 minutes.Apply for a Temporary Road Closure
Please contact us if you want to talk through anything or would like further advice.
Completed application forms should be emailed the following email.
Tel: 0115 876 5238.
firstname.lastname@example.orgIs there anything wrong with this page?