Energy Bills Support Scheme - Alternative Funding
Nottingham City Council have recently been advised that the Government are launching the Energy Bills Support Scheme (EBSS) Alternative Funding.
The scheme is available to those without a direct relationship to a domestic energy supplier, including many care home residents and those living in park homes, will receive a £400 discount on their fuel bills through the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding.
The government has committed to opening the scheme for applications by 27th February at the absolute latest.
The criteria for this funding is:
- The household that support is being claimed for is the main or only home address of the person to receive the support.
- The resident or applicant is responsible for paying the household energy bill. This means either directly or as part of a service charge, rent, or other arrangement and may have the impact of increased energy bills costs passed on to them between 1st October 2022 - 31st March 2023.
- The household is not already receiving EBSS payments in whole or in part.
- The household is not a business premises or other form of non-domestic premises. It must be used solely or mainly for domestic purposes.
- This is except for businesses whose main business activity is to provide long-term residential accommodation (landlords, etc.).
How to apply
The scheme will be launched in February 2023.
Applications will be made directly through the gov.uk website and not via Nottingham City Council.
If you are eligible for the payment, your payment details will be shared with Nottingham City Council to confirm your home address and make the payment to you.