Facebook Pixel
Commissioners appointed |

The Government has announced that Commissioners are to be appointed for Nottingham City Council.  For further information, the council’s response and FAQs can be read here.

Physical and sensory impairment services

We work with a number of organisations and agencies to deliver services to people with physical or sensory impairment.

Our services for people with physical or sensory impairment include the following: 

Day Care

Support at Home 

  • Shared Lives: offers accommodation and support within approved family homes for people aged 18 and over whom have a learning disability
  • Intake Reablement Team: short-term home care team, focusing on helping people to regain skills that they may have lost, due to hospital admission or illness
  • Support which is provided to people in their own homes, to assist with personal care and practical tasks associated with daily living
  • Provides a home safety and personal security system designed to enable people to remain living independently in their own homes for as long as possible
  • The Meals at home service can provide you with hot and satisfying meals five days a week, with the option of buying frozen meals for the weekend

Support with Everyday Life 

  • Occupational Therapy: assisting people to be as independent as possible in their everyday lives. Occupational therapists can work with you to find new ways of doing tasks, provide specialist equipment, or arrange adaptations to your home
  • The Adult Sensory Rehabilitation Service: works with people who live in the Nottingham City area, who are Deaf, have dual sensory loss or experience difficulty with their vision
  • Self-direct Support (SDS) is a new model of social care that gives the individual choice and control over their own support.  This includes Direct Payments
  • Free Sign Language and Lipspeaking Service: If you are deaf and live in Nottingham City and require sign language or lip speaking support to communicate with any City Council Department including schools and academies or any primary care service such as GPs, opticians or dentists, this service is provided free of charge