The Adopted Local Plan
As the Local Plan team are all working remotely, you are kindly requested to make initial contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Nottingham the Local Plan comprises the Nottingham City Aligned Core Strategy (Local Plan Part 1), which was adopted on 8 September 2014, the Land and Planning Policies Document - LAPP (2020) (Local Plan Part 2) which was adopted on 13 January 2020 and the jointing prepared Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Waste Core Strategy (2013) which was adopted 10 December 2013.
|Local Plan Part 1||Local Plan Part 2||Waste Core Strategy|
Further details are set out below.
Nottingham City Aligned Core Strategy - Local Plan Part 1 (2014)
The Nottingham City ACS sets out strategic planning policies and development principles for Nottingham City to guide development until 2028. The ACS was jointly prepared with Broxtowe and Gedling Borough Councils with close alignment to the Core Strategies of the other Councils that which make up Greater Nottingham, namely Erewash and Rushcliffe Borough Councils. Click on the links below to view the associated documents.
- The Nottingham City Aligned Core Strategy (ACS)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Aligned Core Strategy
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Aligned Core Strategy Publication Version Addendum May 2013
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Aligned Core Strategy Equality Impact Assessment HRA combined document
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- City Council Report Equality Impact Assessment Appendix
- Inspector’s Report of Examination of the Aligned Core Strategies, July 2014
- City Council Report
Nottingham City Land and Planning Policies Document - Local Plan Part 2 (2020)
The Land and Planning Policy Document (Part 1 Local Plan) was formally adopted on 13 January 2020.
This LAPP contains both Development Management planning policies and site specific land allocations. It provides a level of certainty about which areas will be developed or protected in the future and for what purpose. It forms Part 2 of new Local Plan along with the adopted Core Strategy which is Part 1 of the Local Plan and forms the overarching, strategic document.
The LAPP consists of;
- The Land and Planning Policy Document (Local Plan Part 2)
- Adopted Polices Map (North)
- Adopted Policies Map (South)
- Adopted Policies Map (City Centre)
A new Interactive Policies Maps is also available that shows all the policy layers. These layers are also available on Nottingham Insight Mapping which also contains other data/information that may be useful such as ward boundaries, planning application boundaries etc. Important to note that in both options, the layers marked with an * indicates are formed from data that has been gathered from external sources separate from the Local Plan process, and may be subject to change. The maps will show the current version of these layers, not the version that was adopted.
Additional background information includes;
- Full Council Committee Report adopting the LAPP (January 2020)
- LAPP Adoption Statement (January 2020)
- LAPP Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- LAPP Equalities Impact Assessment Statement
- Adopted Shadow Habitats Regulations Assessment
- LAPP Inspector's Report
Additional archive material including the examination library, details about the examination and consultation comments received can be found on the archived Examination pages. Further details of each stage can be view of the Local Plan review pages.
Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Waste Core Strategy (2013)
Jointly prepared by Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Councils the document sets out the scale, location and type of facilities required to manage different types of waste in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. The Waste Core Strategy was adopted on 10 December 2013. The following documents are available
- Waste Core Strategy (2013)
- Waste Core Strategy Adoption Statement
- Waste Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
Details of the monitoring of the Waste Local Plan can be found on the Annual Monitoring Report page.
Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Council as Waste Planning Authorities have a statutory duty to maintain an up-to-date Waste Local Plan, which provides planning policies that will help shape future waste development and provide the basis for decisions on waste related planning applications.
Work has started on a new Waste Plan, which is to be prepared jointly by Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire County Council. This will ensure that we can plan for sufficient sites to meet future demand for waste and resource recovery over the next 15-20 years, a period which will see significant housing and economic growth across the plan area. We are inviting people to consider what kind of policies should be in the next version of the Plan, ensuring that all issues are taken into account and that all options for waste management have been considered.
Once adopted, the document will provide a range of policies aimed at supporting sustainable waste management, helping us to meet our objectives on climate change and minimising carbon emissions. The Plan will then be used to determine planning applications for waste development.
This consultation was also accompanied by a ‘Call for Sites’ to give an opportunity for agents, landowners and developers to submit land which they believe could be developed to meet future demand for waste management facilities. This will help to ensure that there is sufficient land available to meet our waste needs during the Plan period.
An Issues and Option of the Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Waste Local Plan was out for consultation from 27 February to 6 April. Full details can be found on Nottingham County Council Waste Local Plan Review pages.
The diagram below shows the documents that make up the Local Plan for Nottingham City along with other related documents.
Previous Nottingham City Local Plan (2005) - Superseded
The previous Nottingham Local Plan (adopted November 2005) is now superseded by the policies by the Aligned Core Strategies (Local Plan Part 1) and the Land and Planning Policies Document (Local Plan Part 2).
The previous 'Saved' Local Plan policies contained detailed planning policies against which all planning applications were judged until the document was superceded.
It was accompanied by an adopted Proposals Map, which set out areas of protection and areas of land designated for particular land uses. The Plan and related documents are listed below for archive purposes only:
- The Nottingham Local Plan (2005) - Superseded
- The Nottingham Local Plan Proposals Map (North) - Superseded
- The Nottingham Local Plan Proposals Map (South) - Superseded
- The Nottingham Local Plan Proposals Map (City Centre) - Superseded
- The Nottingham Local Plan (Addendum) - Superseded
- Schedule of 2005 Local Plan saved and unsaved policies
- Nottingham Local Plan 2005 - Inspectors Report
- Nottingham Local Plan (2005) - Inspectors Report & Proposed Modifications