We can achieve this by;
- The right support being available at the right time
- Our youngest children being prepared for, and enjoying, school
- People looking after themselves, making healthy choices and having good mental health and wellbeing
- People having good employment prospects and;
- People having improved life chances.
Our vision is to ensure that no child or family misses out on the support they might need and that anyone working with children aged 0-5 years, must work together with parents and carers.
Based on information from health, education and children's services, we know that some speech, language and communication activities and interventions will have the most significant impact to help us achieve our vision. The impact of these activities will be seen in;
- An increase in participation in free early years entitlement places
- Fewer children being identified with language delay at key Healthy Child Programme Reviews
- More children achieving a good level of development in the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
- Access to a Speech and Language Therapist in a timely manner, if needed