- New to the SENCO Role workshop provides practitioners new to this role with key points and practical ideas to help them in the SENCO role and covers many aspects of the L2 qualification.
- Our Being a SENCO course for established SENCOs covers many aspects of the L3 SENCO proposed qualification and job description and is certificated by CPD UK.
- SEND Awareness is for established key workers or any other practitioner, including Childminders, interested in learning about children with SEND. It will support any staff member in gaining an awareness in key areas of SEND.
- The SENCO Network provides invaluable networking opportunities and a great way to keep up to date on all the current SEND developments.
Read on to find out what you can access and ensure that you are updated with information on any new qualifications:
- The Early Years Workforce Strategy published in March 2017, included a commitment to support children with SEND, by developing a SEND qualification for early years practitioners.
- The Department for Education (DfE) has been working with organisations that specialise in SEND to create a specification for a level 3 early years Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) qualification. This was launched as part of the DfE Early Years Education Recovery Programme.
- DfE have also created a level 3 Early Years SENCO job description to give guidance for practitioners and providers about the role. The job description will inform individuals of the coverage and depth of the role and also highlight specialist SEND knowledge and skills required. Additionally, a level 2 SEND qualification specification has been created using the criteria being developed for the level 2 Early Years Assistant (EYA) qualifications.