Terms and Conditions 2023/2024
Booking Your Place
To book your place click on the link on each individual course page if you know the title or if you know the course title and date, you can book here.
If you book online please take time to observe the message which will confirm your booking has been submitted, this will also explain that a confirmation will be sent by email before the course takes place. If there is an issue with your booking, such as the course being oversubscribed, you will be contacted straight away. Any specific instructions for the course will be included on your confirmation. Please bring a copy (or email) with you to the event.
Important Information Regarding Course Fees
- All course fees can be paid by debit/card over the phone by calling Julie (Monday - Wednesday) on 0115 87 64530.
- All course fees which are less than £30 must be paid over the phone via a debit/credit card.
- Invoices will only be raised for courses totalling over £30 and will be raised after the course date.
Cancellations: Our courses/briefing sessions whether online or face to face, paid for or free of charge are subsidised in some way, therefore we are required to put measures in place to enable us to continue to provide a quality programme for the Early Years sector. Please ensure you have read the below T&Cs regarding required notice of attendance or cancellation. Once you have submitted your application, your place will be allocated. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you have to cancel, please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, ideally not less than 48 hours before the course commences.
- Face to face and online training*: If you cancel less than 48 hours before the course is due to start, or do not attend on the day, you will be charged 100% of the course fee and no refund will be made if you have paid in advance. * This includes Agreement Trialling and New to the EYFSP due to room hire and/or trainer/facilitator costs.
- Online Information/Briefing Sessions or Workshops: To enable us to continue running free online information/briefing sessions and funding portal workshops we are required to show a good attendance. Therefore, we still require 48 hours notice of cancellations and any non-attendance on the day will be monitored, with a view to reinstating a charge of £30 for frequent non-attendance.
- Networks: (Leadership, Room Leaders and SENCO) As above, to enable us to continue running our networks we are required to show a good attendance, therefore annual membership must be renewed and paid for in advance of the autumn** session and attendance must be confirmed (via online or email to email@example.com) for each session both online or face to face.** New members can join throughout the year at a reduced charge for remaining sessions.
- In-House/Bespoke Training requests: Once your request has been confirmed by email, any cancellations will incur a 10% administration charge and if the course is cancelled less than 48 hours before the course is due to start, you will be charged 100% of the agreed course fee.
All Course/Networks/Briefing Information
Please ensure that you read individual course information on our website as there may be course pre-requisites. For example, you may need to bring something to the course, read something beforehand or simply be aware that the course has practical elements, so you may need to wear comfortable clothing or footwear.
Course Start Times
It is important that you arrive for courses on time, or ideally 10 minutes beforehand, so registration can commence on time and you do not miss vital information or disrupt the session. Our trainers reserve the right to turn latecomers away.
PVCI Networks & Bookings
Networks are held every term and membership is £50 per annum for the SENCO Network and £60 for the Leadership Network (which will also include the Room Leaders Network) per setting.
The cost entitles each setting to:
- Leadership: unlimited number of people per setting for online sessions. 2 per setting for face to face sessions
- SENCO: unlimited number of people per setting for online sessions. 2 per setting for face to face sessions
- Room Leaders 0-3 years: unlimited number of people per setting for online sessions. 1 per setting for face to face sessions
- Room Leaders 3-5 years: unlimited number of people per setting for online sessions. 1 per setting for face to face sessions
For specific Network terms and conditions, and to join or renew Network memberships, Day Nurseries and Pre-Schools can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your Network Registration Form your places will be automatically booked on each date arranged for network meetings. You will then be sent confirmations before each meeting. To ensure the correct person receives these confirmations, please notify us as soon as possible if there is a change in personnel over the year.
Please see our Cancellation Policy regarding any non-attendance at Network meetings.