For advice about Benefits and other help you may be entitled to, please contact the Welfare Rights Service on 0115 9151355 or click on the link to obtain details of other advice providers in the City.
Advice about debt, benefits, housing, employment and more.
Nottingham City Council funds and directly delivers welfare rights advice across the city with the aim of improving the income and living standards of Nottingham people.
Our Welfare Rights Service offers free, confidential and impartial advice and advocacy on the following matters:
Benefits and Tax Credits
- Benefit checks to make sure you're claiming all you're entitled to
- Help with benefit claim forms
- Supporting you to challenge decisions
- Representing you at benefit appeal tribunals
- Preparing financial statements and offering budgeting advice
- Negotiating repayment arrangements with creditors
- Supporting tenants and home owners with arrears and possession proceedings
- Helping you with court forms
- Advice and help with insolvency options such as bankruptcy or Debt Relief Orders
Access the Service
Telephone: 0115 915 1355
Lines open: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:50pm
We also run advice sessions at convenient locations across the city.
Home visits can also be arranged if you are unable to attend an appointment because of mobility problems
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...