Vaccinations against COVID-19 are now rolling out across Nottingham. Hospitals across the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire area are giving the first vaccines to those aged 80 and over, and care home staff with more to follow over the coming weeks.
The NHS is leading on vaccinations locally. We can help them with the roll-out in the following ways:
- please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine, they will contact you;
- when they do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
- and please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
We all still need to follow the advice on ‘hands, face, space’ and adhere to other restrictions.
More information about the vaccination programme can be found on the website of the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
You can read the FAQ or view the patient information on the following topics
- Covid-19 vaccination – a guide for adults
- Covid-19 vaccination – a guide for those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- What to expect after your Covid-19 vaccination
- Why do I have to wait for my Covid-19 vaccine?
There is also an easy-read version explaining the guidance.