What is the Council Tax Support Scheme
Council Tax Reduction is paid by local councils to help pay towards your council tax.
The amount of reduction you receive will depend on your circumstances, including your income, savings, members of your household and Council Tax band.
If you are:
- On a low income, including low earnings
- Responsible for council tax
- Your savings are less than £16,000 (different capital rules apply to people over 60)
- Receiving Universal Credit
You may be entitled to Council Tax Reduction.
Your claim will depend on:
- your household income, this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
- if your children live with you
- if other adults live with you
Qualify for benefits
Use our benefits calculator to assess if you qualify for council tax support. This is only an estimate, if you would like further information please contact our benefits team.
How we pay
Any Council Tax Reduction will be paid directly to your council tax account.
Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit
Nottingham City Council