We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules of the relevant community, or which are not in line with the general guidelines listed on this page
Guidance for social media:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Do not swear
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming")
- Do not publicise your or anyone else's personal information, such as contact details
- Do not advertise products or services
- Do not impersonate someone else
Nottingham City Council reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law.
Monitoring Accounts, Responding and Replying
We monitor our main My Nottingham Twitter and Facebook accounts Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (except Bank holidays and public holidays).
Please note: My Nottingham Facebook, Instagram and Twitter inboxes are NOT monitored.
You are welcome to contact us through the online My Account https://myaccount.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/ to request Council services, report issues e.g. missed bins or Have Your Say to tell us what you think of our service, make a complaint, make a comment or compliment.
If you're unable to find information online call 0115 9155555.
If your query is serious, urgent, or involves personal details, please use our online forms to contact a specific department or service. You can also get in touch using our online complaints, comments and compliments form or call 0115 9155555.
Please take care not to make defamatory statements. In law this means a statement that lowers the reputation of a person or organisation in the eyes of a reasonable person. We will therefore take down any statement that could be deemed to be defamatory.
The Council itself, as opposed to its political administration, must be politically neutral in its communications. Therefore, please do not use any of our pages to promote party political messages or other content.
Comments, Compliments and Complaints
We are unable to report and solve comments and complaints. See our Have Your Say form to register your problem.
- You should not rely on a social media platform itself to raise concerns
- Our responses to replies, comments and direct messages depend on the individual service
- Unless stated otherwise the views or comments given on any of our social media sites may not necessarily reflect the views of Nottingham City Council
Access to Information
Nottingham City Council produces and holds a wide range of information. We try to publish as much of this information as possible. Please take a look at the information already published before making an information request. Click for more information about Access to Information.
Any details you provide to register with the Council for social media such as Twitter and Facebook will only be used for that purpose. We do not cross reference these details with any other information held by the Council.