Student Permits are available to tenants residing at a property within a scheme area whilst they are studying. Some properties where previous single dwellings have been converted into flats may not be eligible due to planning restrictions.
The maximum allocation of student permits per household is 3 and this is made up of any combination of residents or visitors permits. Student residential/visitor permits are valid for 1 academic year (i.e. 1 August to 31 July) and are subject to a charge of £70.00 per permit. You must complete a permit application at least 4 weeks before the required start date.This permit does not cover caravans or trailers, which cannot be left parked in a residential bay.
- There is a £75.00 charge for a replacement permit
- To change the registration on the permit there is a £25.00 charge
Vehicle specific Student Permits require:
- Proof of address (copy of signed tenancy agreement) please note that a mobile phone bill will not be accepted as proof of address
- A copy of the Motor Insurance Certificate (not required for visitor permits)
- Residents living in a flat (i.e. a house converted into separate properties) will also be required to provide a water rates bill
Drop Off Student Visitor Permission to Park Permit
This is available to students and or their visitors for the purpose of parking their vehicles when moving into or out of a property. The cost of the permit is £5.00.
The permit is valid for a 3 hour period for up to 4 times per academic year and will not be issued for consecutive days. The permit is not available for the purpose of extending the maximum allocation of three permits per household.
This permit does not guarantee a parking space and the fee is none refundable and if it is found that the permit is being abused then a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
These permits can only be applied for between working hours Monday to Friday between 10 am and 1 pm by telephoning 0115 8761499 pressing option 4.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...