In Nottingham you can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the State Pension age, currently 66 years old.
If you are a Nottingham City resident and your concessionary card has been lost or stolen, you can replace it online here or visit us at the Travel Centre. A £10 fee will apply.
If you wish to renew your travel pass, visit the Renewal (smartcitizen.net) Page
A braille sticker to help identify your concessionary bus pass is now available. We are in the process of posting a sticker to cardholders who have a visual impairment. If you need a braille sticker and haven't received one by 17 March 2023, please contact the Smart Ticketing Team on tel. 0115 876 2700.
When you can travel
The bus pass allows you free travel on all local bus services in England.
- Between 09:30 am and 11:00 pm from Monday to Friday and at all times on weekends and Bank Holidays
- Nottingham City residents who hold an older person's bus pass can also travel for free on the tram from 09:30am to 11:00pm on Monday to Friday and at all times on weekends and Bank Holidays
- Outside of Nottingham City, your bus pass is only valid on bus services, and not the tube, trams or trains.
Certain bus services are also excluded such as:
- Premium night buses
- Trentbarton’s Red Arrow
- National Express services
Please check with the travel operator prior to travelling if you are unsure.
Apply in person
You can apply in person at the Travel Centre.
You will need to take with you
- Proof of your address (e.g. a bank statement, utility bill, Council Tax bill (dated within the last 3 months), television licence)
- Proof of your age (e.g. passport, letter of pension entitlement, medical card, birth certificate, driving licence)
- Your National Insurance number as this is required on the application form
Whilst you’re there, your photograph will be taken for your new card and once your application has been processed, your card will be posted to your home address. This can take up to 10 working days.
This form is a writable PDF and can therefore be completed on a computer without having to print out the form and write the information by hand.