How to register
You can register to vote online using the link below. You can also give us a ring on 0115 876 4111 if you would like help registering.
Register to vote online
Completing this service should take around 5 minutes.Register to vote
- Being on the register is good for your credit rating.
- You can vote in elections and referendums you are eligible for, including Local, Parliamentary and European elections.
- The electoral register is used to call people for jury service. Studies show that fewer young people and people from ethnic minorities register to vote. The result is that they are under-represented in the legal system.
Please note that being registered for Council Tax does not automatically put you on the register.
To be eligible for inclusion on the Register of Electors you must be:
- Over 18, or reach the age of 18 during the period in which the register is in force. (Eligible from aged 16 but will not appear on the Electoral Register until aged 18)
- A British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union Citizen, or citizen of a British Overseas Territory or British Crown Dependency
- Resident at the property you wish to register at on the date you apply
View the eligibility criteria for more details of who is eligible to vote.
For further information please email us at email@example.com or contact Electoral Services on 0115 876 4111.
Please contact Electoral Services for advice on 0115 876 4111.