Apply for Building Regulations Approval

If you are building something new, or making changes to an existing building, you may need building regulation approval.

This makes sure the work meets health and safety, energy and accessibility standards, and gives you the certificates of compliance you need when you want to sell your home or building.

Please check if your building requires Disability Access.

It is advisable for you to contact your Water Authority before starting building work

You should apply for building regulation approval before you start work. If you have started without applying, we may still be able to give you approval but you need to tell us straight away.

It is illegal not to tell us about your building work.

You will be required to apply for building regulations approval:


Contact Us

Planning and Building Control LH Box 5 Loxley House Station Street Nottingham NG2 3NG United Kingdom Email: building.control@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Tel: 0115 876 4447

Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.

* Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...