In need of some books from the Library?
We are very pleased to introduce our new Click and Collect service, connecting you to your next great read.
Request up to 24 books including children’s books, fiction, large print, non-fiction and spoken word from any of the libraries taking part in Click and Collect.
Just let us know what type of books you would like and how many and our staff will put together a collection that you can collect safely. Click and Collect is available at selected libraries and delivered to you in line with both government and public health guidelines.
How does it work?
- If you are not already a library member, join the library online before you use the service.
- Think about what types of books you want. For inspiration, have a look on our online catalogue.
- Fill in our Click and Collect Adult books form or Click and Collect Children's books form that will ask you what your favourite authors and type of books are.
- If you can’t access the online form, don’t worry, call one of the available libraries where a member of staff will go through the form with you and submit your order, or email email@example.com with your name and phone number and we will call you back to arrange your order.
- Based on your preferences, staff will do their best to find books that match your choice from the stock in their library. (Please note: due to limited availability we cannot guarantee a specific title or author)
- Once staff have chosen your books, they will contact you to arrange a date and time for you to collect your items.
- Please do not attend your local library to collect your books until you have received your date and confirmation.
- Staff will issue your books to your library card and place them in one of our unused paper bags.
- To support you during this current lockdown, items will have an extended issue to 4 January 2021.
- Please bring your library card or the library card number with you. You can ask a friend or family member to collect on your behalf, just let us know their name on the form or when we arrange your collection.
- To manage the process safely and in line with social distancing, we ask that you only come to the library at the arranged time and remain in the foyer.
- To make using the library as safe as possible for everyone, when you collect your books, face coverings must be worn indoors unless you fall within the exemption criteria.
- Staff will be there to greet you and will have your bag ready for you to collect.
- During the current lockdown, you will not be able to enter the main library or browse the shelves.
Safety measures are in place at all our libraries in line with government and public health guidelines.
For information and updates please visit the libraries Coronavirus webpage.
- Once you have finished with your books, if you want to make another selection, complete the online form again and let us know you will be bringing some books back with you.
- If you don't want to make another selection, that's fine. As we have extended the due date to 4 January 2021, there is no need to make a journey to the library to return your books during the current lockdown.
|Bulwell Riverside Library||0115 883 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clifton Library||0115 915 email@example.com|
|The Dales Centre Library||0115 876 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hyson Green Library||0115 883 email@example.com|
|St Ann's Valley Library||
0115 883 9700
|Strelley Road Library||0115 915 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wollaton Library||0115 915 email@example.com|
For details of their opening hours, visit Find a Library
If you are unable to use the Click and Collect service, you may be able to use our Home Library service.
This is available free for people with restricted mobility and carers who have no other way to use the library.