The £1.7million restoration of Victoria Embankment’s Memorial Gardens is now well underway, returning the park to its former glory.
The refurbishment of the gardens is going ahead thanks to £1.1million from the National Lottery Heritage Fund along with match funding from The Transforming Cities Fund, War Memorials Trust and Nottingham City Council.
Work will be completed by the end of 2022 and will include:
- Restoring the war Memorial which was unveiled in 1927
- Restoring the Queen Victoria Statue (dating from 1903)
- Restoring the pond and fountains
- Improving paths and access
- Re-planting original flower beds
- Installing new furniture
- Creation of a visitor centre and toilets
- Creation of jobs
- Development of a World War 2 Roll of Honours
- Community engagement activities and events
For more information contact our Parks Team on 0115 9152733 or email email@example.com