Walking for 30 minutes Each Day Can
- Make you feel good
- Give you more energy, fitness and stamina
- Help you sleep better
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduce the risk of type II diabetes and osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of some cancers
- Help reduce stress
- Help you lose or maintain weight
Download this PDF Walking Diary
We have created a selection of walks in ten of Nottingham city's parks and open spaces.
These walking routes offer you the opportunity to:
- Improve both physical and mental wellbeing in a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
- Discover more about Nottingham's parks, local history and wildlife.
Click on one of the routes below to download a PDF leaflet.
- Bulwell Hall Park
- Clifton Central Park and Playing Fields
- Forest Recreation Ground
- Lenton Recreation Ground
- Melbourne Park
- Queen's Walk, Queen's Walk Recreation Ground and Victoria Embankment
- Victoria Park and St Mary's Rest Garden
- Walking Leaflet Sneinton and Colwick Woods
- Wollaton Walk
- Woodthorpe Grange
Guidelines for Walkers
- Ensure that you wear suitable comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing
- Sun protection is advisable especially in hot or sunny weather
- Do not walk too soon after eating
- Do not walk if you feel dizzy or unwell
- If you suffer from heart problems, you should consult with your GP before starting the exercise
More information is available on our Nottingham Guided Walks Page
Would you like to become a Volunteer Walk Leader?
If you would like to meet new people and are interested in becoming a volunteer walk leader, we want to hear from you!
Please contact Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire on 0115 844 0011.Click here to visit the Parks and Open Spaces Facebook Page