View my CCTV Parking TicketView your CCTV PCN online
The moving images are stored on a server and at the review stage, an officer retrieves and views the images using a review station.
A PCN is processed and then issued if there is agreement that an alleged contravention has taken place. For reasons of impartiality, the capturing officer cannot review his or her work.
Paying your CCTV PCNPay your parking or bus lane fine
Residents affected by CCTV monitoring
Any unauthorised vehicles that make use of a bus lane, bus gate or tram gate during the time of operation. When signed the only exemptions are;
- a pedal cycle
- a bus
- a tramcar or
- wheelchair accessible taxis
- An emergency services vehicle (must be responding to an emergency)
Fines if you break the regulations
- The registered owner or hirer of the vehicle will receive a PCN from Nottingham City Council
- For a bus lane contravention, the charge is £60, reduced by 50% to £30 if paid within 14 days of the Date of Service. Take immediate action to either pay the penalty charge or make a representation (appeal). Failure to do so by 28 days of the Date of Service of the PCN may result in an increase of 50% to £90 and the Council may take steps to enforce payment of this sum
- For a CCTV contravention, the penalty charge is £70, reduced by 50% to £35 if paid within 21 days of the Date of Service. Take immediate action to either pay the penalty charge or make a representation (appeal). Failure to do so by 28 days of the Date of Service of the PCN may result in an increase of 50% to £105 and the Council may take steps to enforce payment of this sum
Avoid a PCN
- Pay attention to the road signs and markings
- Bus lane signs and markings will indicate both the start and end of bus lanes and highlight the hours of operation
- Parking and waiting/loading restrictions will be signed
- Tram gates and bus gates are marked with map-based advanced direction signs placed on each approach road showing the route to take to avoid the restricted area
- All drivers should not pay attention to the advice given by Sat-Navs and should comply with all traffic signs. Any appeal referring to Sat-Navs as the reason for contravening the restrictions will not be accepted
To view the FAQs and all other documents about CCTV enforcement please visit Nottingham insight.