Developing and embedding Learning in our Children's Integrated Workforce
Our Vision: Embed learning into working practice and quality assure development interventions supporting colleagues to reach their full potential so that we can promote a ‘workforce that cares and is cared for’
Our Mission: Provide learning and development solutions across the Children’s workforce through essential training, consultancy and bespoke development that supports a confident, competent and a continuously improving workforce who can ensure our children, young people and families get the right support at the right time
This is an overview of the work of the Integrated Workforce Development Team (IWDT). I hope you find this a useful resource and enables you to put a name to a face. Please get in touch with a named contact on specific work programmes if you need to find out more.
We are here to help.
Elaine: Integrated Workforce Development Manager
Meet Our Coordinator Team
Our Coordinators will be happy to help you with any general enquiries you may have regarding training, learning, and development. They are also able to advise you how to book onto any of our courses through the Nottingham City Learning Zone.
The coordinator service supports our Development Specialists and Consultants in the following areas:
- Booking, co-ordination and evaluation of CIS Training & Development Courses and programmes
- Practice Education for Student Social Workers
- Fostering Training Programme
- ASYE Programme
- Step Up to Social Work and Grow Our Own Social Work Programmes
Laura: Children’s Workforce Development Coordinator
Sarah: Children’s Workforce Development Coordinator
Priya: Apprentice Business Admin – Coordinator Team
Design and delivery of workforce interventions, maintaining and enhancing existing development programmes and supporting development of specialist training pathways, under the guidance of the Children’s Development Consultants. The key areas of delivery are:
- Deliver Essential Development Training Programme as a baseline for competency within Children’s Integrated
- Procuring, coordinating and facilitating training sessions and supporting vocational This includes direct delivery, one to one support and direct candidate assessment against national qualification framework and induction standards.
- Co-ordination of multi-agency and internal training pools and programmes, such as Child Development, Mental Health First Aid Youth, Safeguarding and Restrictive Physical
- Supporting the organisation of our Social Work
- Supporting delivery of Every Colleague Matters
- Design and delivery of e-learning solutions and bite-sized content to support a blended
Annie: Development Specialist
Jeff: Development Specialist
James: Development Specialist
Practice Education Specialist
Promote and support high quality placement opportunities for Social Work students within the City Council in children’s and adult care settings, to support a continuous flow of quality SW students as local supply for our vacancies.
- Manage Practice Education (PE) qualification training and supporting staff who are undertaking their PE1 and PE2
- Play and active role in the D2N2 Social Work Teaching Partnership to support more efficient ways of working with Universities and other partners to raise the quality of Social Work students coming into
- Manage and deliver the Step Up to Social Work national graduate student
- Support shaping the development of Supervising Social Workers and Foster Carer
Alison: Practice Education
Social Work Development Consultant
- Provide Social Work development solutions in design, delivery and evaluation of training, development and qualification activities in accordance with the National Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and specific directorate initiatives in building a robust Social Work
- Manage ASYE programme for all schemes involving newly qualified social
- Co-ordinate and manage the Grow Our Own Social Worker Programme in conjunction with the qualification provider and support cohorts into SW
- Support SW retention through a number of initiatives such as the experienced SW panel, exit interviews for newly qualified and advisory manager
- Design and deliver essential SW training such as Undertaking Section 47 and Court Work Skills
Children’s Development Consultants
Provide bespoke solutions in design, delivery and evaluation of training, development and qualification activities in accordance with training and learning needs analysis and National and Professional Frameworks for a range of Children’s related professions covering the whole of Children’s Integrated Services (CIS) Directorate and beyond
- Developing internal physical intervention training with a view to becoming BILD certified, so we can tailor our programmes to fit need.
- Distinct sessions designed for each individual team across CIS on Trauma Informed
- Supporting development that is a direct result of Ofsted, SCR recommendations with appropriate Practitioner Lead e. Signs of Safety refresh, Neglect
- Progress Early Intervention qualifications with assessment, verification and certification for Early Help, Targeted and Personal
- Identify and commission specialist Foster Carer training and
- Develop Service Level Agreements with key contacts, e. Whole Life Disability, Adult Services and Foster Care.
- Enhance our Resilience, Health and Well-Being offer through intranet and bespoke short
Rhiannon: Children’s Development Consultant
Nigel: Children’s Development Consultant