At Nottingham City Council our workforce is our greatest asset and our aim is to ensure that children, young people and families get the right help at the right time. This means we will support families at the earliest opportunity and respond proportionately to reduce risk and keep children and young people safe.
We will work with children, young people and families to build their resilience and help them to be healthy, to aspire and achieve and to make a positive contribution to Nottingham’s communities.
Our goal is for more children and young people in Nottingham to be supported by their own families, without the need for long-term intervention to keep them safe and well.
When intervention is necessary, we will offer an evidence-based and effective service to support families to make sustainable changes.
Where families cannot keep their children safe, we will always act in the best interests of the child.
Our vision - Great City
We will work with our partners to ensure
every child and young person will:
- Enjoy their childhood in a warm and supportive environment
- Be free from poverty
- Be safe from harm
- Grow up to achieve their full Potential
Our priorities - Great Council
- A Learning City
- Resilience in Children, Families and Communities
Healthy Minds, Bodies and Relationships
Our commitments - Great Workforce
- We will focus on making a positive difference for children and families
- We will listen to the voice of children and their families
- We will build on strengths
- We will plan SMART
- Managers will ensure that there is effective supervision, management oversight and will ensure their teams get the right training and development
Our principles - Great Services
- Ensure the right children get the right support at the right time
- Create a responsive and flexible system
- Help families to help themselves
- Work in partnership with children and their families
Focus resources on what will make a positive difference.View our current vacancies