Welcome and thank you for your interest in exploring job opportunities for qualified Social Workers in Nottingham City!
Colleagues within our Directorate work alongside a broad range of partners who come together through the Nottingham City Safeguarding Partnership. Together our vision is to be:
“A city where every child and young person can enjoy their childhood in a warm and supporting environment, free from poverty and safe from harm; a city where every child grows up to achieve their full potential”.
Our workforce is passionate, focused and driven, and proud of the positive impact they have on the lives of children and young people in the city, listening to the voice of the child and their family. Teams are welcoming and supportive, and caseloads are kept within agreed manageable limits.
Your career development is important to us. There are a range of social work roles in our duty MASH, Fieldwork and Children in Care teams, including Level 1 NQSW, Level 2 and 3 experienced Social Workers, Advanced Practitioner, Senior Practitioner, and Team Manager.
We run a highly regarded Assisted Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme for newly qualified social workers (NQSW), and clear frameworks underpin progression through our social worker levels.
We truly value our social workers, and to support them in their role we provide
- Manageable Caseloads
- Quality reflective supervision
- Supportive Environment
- Development Opportunities and progression pathways
To acknowledge the commitment and contribution of all our employees we offer excellent employee benefits including
- Competitive pay – we are committed to paying rates that are in-line with regional / national averages, with clear pay structures and consistent salary levels.
- Pension - up to 18% employer contribution to Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave - between 25 and 32 days dependent on grade and length of service
- Flexible Working - to support employees achieve a better work-life balance
Award Winning 'Works Perks' scheme offering
- Tax-free cycle schemes
- More Time Scheme for additional leave or reducing weekly hours
- Discounted Travel Schemes
- Local and National discounts and offers