The Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) is our newly qualified social work programme.
The ASYE programme is designed to provide support to newly qualified social workers (NQSW's) and social workers who are qualified, but have not yet been in a social work post.
The aim of the one year programme is to:
- Develop skill sets
- Improve knowledge and capability
- Strengthen professional confidence
Integrated Workforce Development Team
At Nottingham City Council, learning is embedded into working practices so social workers are supported to reach their full potential. We are committed to providing good quality training and development opportunities, right from the start of your employment.
We do this through:
- A dedicated Integrated Workforce Development Team (IWDT)
- Development Specialists and Consultants
- Specialist Training Pathways
- Essential Development Training Programmes
- Consultancy and Bespoke Development
- Multi-agency and internal training pools and programmes
All of which supports supports a confident, competent and a continuously improving workforce who can ensure our children, young people and families get the right support at the right time.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Nottingham City Council offers Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to all social workers to help refresh, review and broaden their knowledge, skills and experience and increase motivation and resilience
CPD contributes towards professional excellence, is self-directed and includes opportunities linked to workforce needs.
This will allow Nottingham City Council to plan and develop the workforce for a modern social work profession enabling:
- Social work practitioners to retain and enhance their currency in practice.
- Nottingham City Council to recruit and retain an experienced, skilled, motivated and resilient social work force.
For further information regarding the above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org