Nottingham City Council Events Team
Nottingham City Council has an exciting calendar of upcoming events meaning we now have opportunities available for dedicated and professional Casual Event Safety Staff to join our friendly, high-performing team.
- Riverside Festival
- Goose Fair
Regular Forest home football matches on the embankment
Experience is not essential but is desirable as full training is provided.
As a Casual Event Safety Staff, some key responsibilities will be:
- To assist with event and visitor parking
- Protect event assets daily and overnight
- Carry out regular site patrols
- To carry out pre-event checks
- To help manage an even flow of people entering the venue or event
- To staff restricted areas, segregated areas, exit and entry points
- To monitor crowds for signs of overcrowding
- Investigate any disturbances or incidents
- To provide a high standard of customer care
Successful Casual Event Safety Staff can expect:
- Competitive rates of pay up to £10.28 per hour inclusive of holiday pay
- Plenty of shift availability, particularly on Fridays and Saturdays, and overnight shifts
- Flexibility to choose your shifts around your existing commitments
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities
- The chance to work at some of the biggest events held in Nottingham
Successful Casual Event Safety Staff possesses excellent verbal communication and English language skills, have a friendly, approachable demeanour and a passion for enhancing the experience of visitors to the site.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks on a casual Provision of Services contract basis.
This role would be suitable for anybody wanting to enter the security industry, experienced or non-experienced security professionals, security marshals or casual event safety staff.
If you are interested in applying to join our Casual Event Team then please send a C.V. to Security.Logistics@nottinghamcity.gov.uk