Appointee services

An appointee will look after your finances should you become unable to manage them yourself and have no family or friends that can help.

It may be possible for the council to become your appointee and administer your finances if you:

  • Are receiving social care services such as home care, day care or a support worker
  • Live in a residential or nursing home care and receive benefits

How to apply

If you are in residential care, you can request Adult Residential Services to become your appointee, your benefits will be used to pay your care charges and you will be paid the standard amount of personal allowance each week (this will vary depending on your benefits and whether you have a deferred payments agreement).

If you are not eligible a relative, friend or associate can apply to Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to become your Appointee.