Energy efficiency, fire safety and finding a contractor

There is lots of support available to help you stay safe and warm in your own home, including support for household repairs and maintenance.


If you would like to buy services from a tradesperson you can trust, please browse our Checkatrade page.

Home Repairs: Council properties

If you rent a council property all repairs are handled by the Repairs Contact Centre. It is staffed 24 hours a day, every day of the year, so you can report a repair at any time. Head to Nottingham City Homes to find out more.

Home Repairs: Private Tenants

If your private landlord is not carrying out essential repairs to keep your home healthy and safe, please complete a Rogue Landlord Form.

Staying warm and saving money

There is lots of help available to improve the energy efficiency in your home; you could also save money through switching suppliers.

For information and advice about energy efficiency, heating and insulation, please visit the Nottingham Energy Partnership.

Switching Energy Supplier

To find out if you could save money by switching suppliers visit energylinx. You can also call: 0800 310 2333 to switch suppliers over the phone.


Fire Safety Check

To arrange a free Home Fire Safety Check, please visit Nottingham Fire and Rescue home safety checks