Students attending Sixth Form Schools or Further Education Colleges are generally not entitled to any assistance with transport. However, students from low-income families may be eligible for support from a 16-19 bursary fund. For advice speak to student support services or your course tutors.

More information can be found at

Nottingham City Student Travel

Nottingham City Transport offer discounted travel for every day or every now and then, with academic year passes on sale from mid-August.

Information can be found at Nottingham City Transport - Student Bus Travel.

Robin Hood passes are also available for students who travel on all buses, trains and trams in Nottingham

Help with planning your journey can be found Here.

Students with Special Transport Needs

For students with a disability who are unable to walk or use public transport to get to school sixth form or college, specialised transport may be available dependent on the student's needs. If you are unsure and would like to discuss a particular issue please contact the Special Educational Needs Service on 0115 876 4300 or email

Post 16 transport Policy

Apply for Home to School/College Transport

Please note you may be asked to upload documents to support your application.

These documents may include details of special transport need, proof of school/college application and/or proof of low income. You may find it helpful to have electronic copies of these to hand before you start the application process.

Please note you will need to make a new application before the start of every academic year.