New to the Area or Wishing to Change Schools
Due to the ongoing uncertainty around the phased return of pupils to school and the planning and preparation that schools may require, Nottingham City Council has decided the delay the opening of the in-year application process for parents who wish to apply for places for September 2020 onwards until 3 August 2020 for those schools that participate in the Council’s in-year coordinated scheme. You will be able to make an application on our online Citizen's Portal at www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/schooladmissions and follow the link 'In-year School Places' from 3rd August 2020 onwards or you can contact the School Admissions Team for a paper application form from this date.
However, we will continue to process new applications for children of key workers and/or vulnerable children who have recently moved into Nottingham City and are currently without a school place.
If you meet one of the following criteria, please contact the School Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on to how to make an application:-
- Vulnerable children include those who have a social worker (including children in need, children who have a child protection plan and those who are looked after by the local authority) and if they have an Education Health Care Plan.
- Critical Workers - If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home, then your children will be prioritised for education provision:
- Health & Social Care
- Education & Childcare
- Key Public Services
- Local & National Government
- Food & other necessary goods
- Public safety & National Security
- Utilities, communication and financial services
(Full details available at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-educationgov.uk)
For the schools listed below, different arrangements may apply and parents are advised to speak directly to the school/academy concerned.
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Bluecoat Wollaton Academy
- Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
- Ellis Guilford
- Farnborough Academy
- Fernwood School
- Djanogly City Academy
- Nottingham Academy
- Nottingham Girls' Academy
- Nottingham Emmanuel School
- Nottingham Free School
- Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology
- Oakwood Academy
- Park Vale Academy (formerly known as Top Valley Academy)
For any school listed above, you must contact the school or academy directly to make an application.
If you wish to apply to a school not located within Nottingham City you must contact the relevant Local Authority directly to ask for an application form.
Please note that if you wish to apply for a nursery or post-16 school place you should apply directly to the school concerned. For advice on nursery provision, you can contact the Families Information Service and for advice on the post-16 provision, you can contact Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Futures.
Your child must continue to attend their present school until they are admitted to another school (unless they can no longer get there due to a change of area). If they do not, a referral may be made to the Education Welfare Service.
Finding a School
If you have moved to a new area you can find out more about catchment school and other local schools on our interactive map.